5 Critical Things To Know About Periodontal Disease
- Posted on: Mar 27 2020
Gum disease is an inflammation or infection of the gums. For the most part, it is preventable. This condition is becoming so common in the US that it has been called a ‘health crisis’ by the ADA. Fortunately, periodontal disease can be treated at Flax Dental in Atlanta.
Here are some important things to know about gum disease:
- If left untreated, it can cause permanent damage such as tooth loss.
- Practicing daily dental hygiene and having 6-month dental exams are the best way to prevent gum disease.
- Gum disease can occur without the presence of decay.
- Almost half of all 30+ adults in the US have gum disease.
- In some cases, gum disease generates no noticeable symptoms.
Risk factors for gum disease include tobacco use, poor oral hygiene (especially failing to floss), genetics, teeth grinding, inflammatory conditions, and poor nutrition.
Contact Flax Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):