Getting and Keeping a Great Smile Need not be a Stressful Endeavor
- Posted on: Oct 30 2016
Patients in the Atlanta area choose Flax Dental for our expertise in the performance of cosmetic dentistry. In addition to the advanced training and accreditation in this specialized dental niche, Dr. Flax is also recognized for his commitment to patient comfort. We don’t just say that we understand your fears related to dental treatments; we do something about it. Cosmetic dentistry can only make a difference in your life if you feel confident enough to get the treatment you need. This is why our patients have the opportunity to explore the value of sedation dentistry.
The Problem with Sedation
Is there a problem with sedation dentistry? Yes, but it may not be what you think. The use of either oral or inhalation sedation has been routinely performed for years. It has helped millions of people around the world obtain the dental care they need to look and feel their best.
Here’s where the problem comes in . . . Many people tell themselves they should be able to see the dentist without fear. If they could only buck up and overcome their anxiety, they could have a healthier and more attractive smile. There is no value in this kind of thinking. There is a great deal of value in talking with your dentist about your fears.
Oral Conscious Sedation for Better Dentistry
Dental care can be far more pleasant than you ever imagined when you talk with your dentist about sedation. There are several reasons why a large number of patients choose oral conscious sedation for their visits:
- The full effects of ingested sedatives are felt within an hour, and can last several more.
- Research on the medications used in sedation dentistry has concluded that this method of care is safe and effective.
- Sedatives relax the mind and also the body, which eases muscle tension and decreases post-treatment soreness.
- No injections are necessary for this method of sedation.
- Oral conscious sedation makes it easier to tolerate local anesthetic, as well as more lengthy treatments.
- No assistance is required for the patient to breathe or swallow.
Schedule a consultation
If dental anxiety has been keeping you from getting the cosmetic dental treatment you want, let’s talk about sedation dentistry. Call our Atlanta office at (404) 255-9080 today!
Posted in: Sedation Dentistry