What is Sedation Dentistry?
Oral conscious sedation simply involves taking the medication Triazolam prior to your dental appointment. It will put you in a very deeply relaxed state where you are indifferent to what is going on. Even though it will feel like you fell asleep, you won’t be. Unlike general anesthesia, you will not be unconscious. Your protective reflexes like breathing and coughing to clear your airway will still function normally.
Is Sedation Dentistry Right for You?
You may be a candidate for oral conscious sedation if:
- You have had trouble getting numb during a dental treatment.
- You require extensive dental work. Sedation will enable the dentist to get a lot more done in one sitting and cut down on the number of appointments needed.
- You experience anxiety or have had a bad experience in your past.
- You put off regular care due to fear.
Benefits of Dental Sedation
You can have a positive experience at the dentist and we would like the opportunity to prove it to you. Sedation dentistry has helped hundreds of patients to get back on track with regular preventative care. Here are some of the benefits:
- Most patients remember nothing of the appointment itself.
- There is no pain.
- Sedation can help fearful patients relax.
- These techniques can be altered based on your individual experiences. Some patients may only need nitrous oxide. Others may need a combination of oral sedation and nitrous oxide.
- It is completely safe.
Patient Comfort With Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry is safe, and Dr. Flax is thoroughly trained and certified to provide this service. As an added safety precaution, one of our trained professionals will monitor your vital signs throughout the entire treatment. When you are done and the medication begins to wear off, you will feel like no time has passed. It is quite likely that you will not remember what happened during your appointment. And, you will need to have someone drive you home.
We will do everything we can to remove the fear and worry from your dental care.
Don’t put off your dental work any longer. There are no IVs or injections, in fact oral conscious sedation only requires a single pill for most procedures. We can replace dentures or crowns, whiten yellow or stained teeth, rejuvenate sore gums, fix a chipped tooth, and perform almost any dental procedure without pain. With sedation, it is also quite possible that you won’t remember a thing!
Schedule a Sedation Dentistry Consultation
Contact us at our dental office in Sandy Springs near Brookhaven in Atlanta today to learn more or request an appointment to find out if you are a candidate.