6 Reasons To Ditch Your Dentures For Dental Implants
- Posted on: Apr 12 2019
For thousands of years, dentures have allowed people to chew foods harder than mashed bananas and flash some teeth when they smile. Yet denture wearers know how unstable, irritating, embarrassing, and inconvenient they can be. At Flax Dental in Atlanta, implant dentures are a better option.
A dental implant provides the total package. An implant is a titanium post placed in the jaw, which acts like a replacement tooth root. A single implant can support one artificial tooth, and multiple implants can support dentures.
Implant dentures provide the following benefits:
- Stability – Implants don’t move around in your mouth. This permits normal chewing, swallowing, and speech.
- Bone Retention – The post prevents the bone loss that almost always occurs after a tooth is extracted
- Dental implants prevent jaw muscle dysfunction that can occur when remaining teeth are forced to compensate for missing teeth
- Implants eliminate gum irritation
- No need for denture relines
- No denture adhesive needed (Remember, they are anchored in your jawbone just like natural teeth!)
To find out whether you are a viable candidate for implant dentures, please call Flax Dental in Atlanta to schedule a consultation. We also provide restorative dentistry and other services. Make an appointment today.
Contact Flax Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):