Five Important Questions To Ask A Cosmetic Dentist
- Posted on: Feb 14 2010
This year, my staff and I have been doing a lot of “extreme remakeovers” . What I mean is that we have had to redo many smile designs because of improper care or that the dentist didn’t meet the patient’s expectations. All of these patients-and their loved ones–are very upset that there is no governing body to protect consumers from these tragedies that are costly in time, emotions,finances, and worst of all, tooth structure. Unfortunately, there are political forces beyond our control and self prevention is needed.
As a resuIt I am a firm believer in educating our patients and the public on the importance of “doing your homework” before making a big decision like getting a new smile or rebuilding your mouth with implants, etc. Here are some great questions to ask when your are making your decision:
- What training and credentials do you have in performing these procedures?
- Can I see photos and testimonials of some of your most recent cases?
- Which lab will you use or my case and what type of training and materials do they have and use?
- What can you do to help me preview my results before and during my treatment?
- What can you do to help my treatment be conservative and last a long time?
This is a good start. I invite you to share your questions or experiences with me.
If my staff or I can be of assistance, call or email us.
Keep smling right,
Posted in: Dentistry