Redefining the patient experience
At Flax Dental, going to the dentist is an empowering experience — something to look forward to! Your first visit is all about getting to know you, understanding your goals, and helping you feel inspired by the possibility of transforming your smile and your future.
Ready to get started?
- ZSchedule your appointment
- ZComplete new patient forms online
- ZLearn more about your first visit below
Your first visit will last about 2 ½ hours – we are very thorough!
Your first visit to our office is a comprehensive oral health/smile evaluation and planning session. We’ll take 3D dental photographs, discuss your concerns and goals, and examine your teeth and gums. Dr. Flax will meet with you one-on-one to develop a personalized recommendation for creating your new smile.
Depending on your needs, you may also have a professional cleaning, or we may recommend waiting until your next appointment.
What to bring
- Dental insurance card (if applicable)
- Information about your medical history, including medications
- Identification, such as driver’s license
- List of any questions — we want to help!
Special details, all for you
- Cozy neck pillows help ease tension
- Soft blankets for warmth and security
- Safety sunglasses protect eyes during treatment
- Comprehensive sedation options to ease any nerves
“I would recommend them for anyone with anxiety surrounding going to the dentist! They give you a warm neck pillow and blanket and explain what they’re doing. Overall great bedside manner all around.”
— Grace H.
“Dr. Hugh Flax and his team represent world-class dentistry in Atlanta. Beautiful facility, amazing staff, and phenomenal dental care.”
— Nuance A.
Insurance & Financing
Our office accepts most insurance and also accepts financing through CareCredit. Currently, we do not accept Medicaid, PeachCare, or dental discount programs. We’ll invite you to sit down with our payment coordinator and receive a customized estimate of the cost of your treatment. Together we can develop a financial plan that’s right for you.
Flax Dental is located inside the Perimeter and is a short walk from the MARTA Medical Center station. We offer free parking and convenient office hours.
Schedule Your Appointment
Discover the confidence and positive self-image that come from a flawless smile.